[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4771: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
Occams Razor • View topic - Doctor's Appointment

Doctor's Appointment

Re: Doctor's Appointment

Postby sndwurks » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:38 pm

Without saying a word, Billy offers a bit of a smile to Ellie. He lifts a hand to tip his hat in a bit of an acknowledgement, and steps back through the tent's entrance and outside. He lingers there long enough to listen to Alice waking up and the words that follow. The Latin gets a bit of a head tilt, and Billy shrugs. He glances around for a moment, but fails to spot anything in particular to thank for the fortunate turn of events.

He showed up for his appointment. He did his part. Billy smiles and whistles quietly as he heads out of the tents and back into the quarantine zone. Time to burn another small offering of thanks to the spirits of governmental inefficiency.

((Exit scene left))
sndwurks

Postby Sally » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:31 pm

Sally strolls over to the Medical tent, nods to Billy as the other man leaves, and calls out:

"Rumor has it ya'll got some Pedilayte on tap in there. Shit's great for a hangover."
Salvador "Sally" Lautner
GySgt., USMC (ret.)

"All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach."

LL: Shaw LaMont
5G: Landry Saulteaux
Mad3: Luther Soren Wysen!
IRL: Scott LaTour
Sally

Postby DeputyDirectorWhite » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:20 am

The Deputy Director meets Alice's gaze without flinching.

"Ms. von Schaffenburg, as soon as Dr. Kennigan gives the go ahead, you're free to leave the tent. I'll stay and get re-tested as I told you I would."
DeputyDirectorWhite

Postby PoeticJustice » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:33 am

When the man meets her eyes steadily, her own narrow slightly before she shakes her head, forcing herself to look away. Her arms were quivering and she seemed to be visibly forcing herself to calm. She didn't react to Sally's arrival on the scene. Her face was lowered towards her knees, her face hidden by her scraggly curtain of hair. Anyone paying close enough attention could see her mouth moving, but no sound was coming out.

She looked up, not meeting White's eyes.

"I don't care about that. You don't have to. That's not what this is about," frustration made her teeth clench, her voice strained and desperate. "Please... I just want to leave..." she looked over her shoulder, frantically searching for the doctor. In a small part of her mind she considered the irony of her searching for a medical professional for some sort of assistance, even an assistance so small as a nod to go.
If this is to end in fire
Then we should all burn together
Watch the flames climb high into the night
Calling out for the rope, sent by and we will
Watch the flames burn on and on the mountain side hey
PoeticJustice

Postby Fr. Ashmore » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:57 am

Fr. Ashmore hustles into the tent looking deeply concerned. He scans the room and looks visibly relieved that the situation has appeared to play out as smoothly as it has. Ted quickly shifts expressions before Alice notices the concern, and puts on a gentle smile.

“Hello Alice, I heard what happened. When you have some time, would you like to talk about it?”

The Priest shifts somewhat awkwardly and places both hands behind his back.

OOC: Now posted with the correct account! Hooray science!
Fr. Ashmore

Postby Ellie Kennigan » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:18 am

When Alice had awakened in a panic, the doctor had stepped forward with loaded syringe at the ready, but as the girl controlled herself and conversed normally, albeit very frightened, Ellie quietly set the syringe aside and waited out the rest of the events.

Now, as if on cue, Ellie coolly steps into Alice's view still in plainclothes. She's scribbling on a pad, tears the sheet, and hands it and a small bottle of Tylenol to the young woman. "For the pain," she says, "and ice every hour for twenty to thirty minutes for the next twenty four hours. If the pain gets worse, you will wanna see me." She gives Alice a direct but not unfriendly look over the rims of her glasses. "But I'm allowed out of my box once in a while and am used to making house calls if you'd rather meet somewhere more comfortable. Whichever. Either way, you can go." She waves her off to the priest.

"The rest of you, unless you're here for an appointment, you're free to go too," Ellie says with a litte heat, clearly venting the stress of the last several minutes. "And somebody get Billy St. Francis back in here. He was actually here for his scheduled time." She takes a brooding sip of her coffee, grimaces at its now cold temperature, and sighs.
Eleanor R. Kennigan, M.D.
Whisper Hill
Ellie Kennigan

Postby PoeticJustice » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:53 am

The Priest's voice drew Alice's attention. Her look shifted from the look a drowning woman gives a life preserver to the look a child gets when it finds its hand stuck in the cookie jar. And then Ellie was handing her papers and pills and telling her she could go and all else was forgotten.

Alice launched herself off the cot, managing to knock it over in her enthusiasm but not noticing. She slipped between the people near the entrance and then halted about five feet clear of the opening. She watched the others inside with the same conflicted expression. Her eyes landed on the Priest, watching him for a few seconds before, grudgingly, she looked back towards Kennigan.

"I am sorry for any difficulty I caused you," she said through her teeth, loud enough to make sure the Doctor could hear her without having to go back inside the Tent.

She waited there, although for whom was unclear, pacing back and forth as her eyes skirted around the horizon. Looking for snipers perhaps?

[[Edit: Branched to: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=254]]
Last edited by PoeticJustice on Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If this is to end in fire
Then we should all burn together
Watch the flames climb high into the night
Calling out for the rope, sent by and we will
Watch the flames burn on and on the mountain side hey
PoeticJustice

Postby DeputyDirectorWhite » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:26 am

The Deputy Director rolls down his sleeve and slips on his jacket, coat, and gloves. As he straightens his tie, he heads for the door.

"Ladies. Gentlemen. I'm sorry I couldn't spend more time with you folks in a more positive situation. Nonetheless, seems like everything is on the upswing. And unless I've mistaken my cue, I'll go fetch Mr. St. Francis. If anyone needs me, I'll likely be in my office."

With a small smile, White makes his way out.
DeputyDirectorWhite

Postby Wolfman2006 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:52 pm

Mason can't hide his relief when Father Ashmore walks in, someone who actually knows what's going on is involved; time to leave this one to the proffensionals, or at least the knolwedgable, maybe just favorable company? He nods towards the Deputy Director as he leaves, before turning towards Dr. Kennigan and wearilly asks:

"Uh since I am here now, can I get my own exam out of the way?"
Mason Fell
Played by Adam Hurley
AKA:Father Solomon Sahaal, Berek Son of Bjorn, Acerbus-Nox, Mugthar, Abraham Hawthorne, Malcolm Hunt
Wolfman2006

Postby Erica » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:16 pm

The lawyer waits for the crowd around the office entrance to clear a bit, then walks in, and takes a seat quietly and patently waiting her turn.
Her face shows nothing but the slightest hint of disgust at what she has witnessed.
Ms. Antalya Walker, Esq.

"I will rain legal brimstone down on you so hard it will make God jealous."
Erica

PreviousNext

Return to Quarantine Zone