[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4771: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
Occams Razor • View topic - Moving forward from November

Moving forward from November

Moving forward from November

Postby Owle Isohos » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:54 pm

"So, Brett's got the official list," Kelsey said as she arrived in the research corner, without preamble. She needed to be moving, doing; after everything that had happened, she couldn't bear to sit still. "But I figured I should come and let you all know what I'm working on, in case anyone's looking into similar things.

"I'm acting as project coordinator for Project Fuck the Hike. You all remember that walk we had to take up to that big chair? We don't want to have to do it again in the spring. We're working on a peaceable solution, and I've spoken to a bunch of you about it already. If I've already got your name, expect me to contact you soon. If I don't, let me know that you're interested, and I'll tell you what we've got so far. Even if you're not much for research, get in touch with me if you want to know what's going on, or if you know something that could help. We all have to work together, and that means sharing info when we have it."

"On a more personal note, I'm looking into what happened to Adam Campbell. It might just be an ordinary accident-" Her frown suggested Kelsey didn't believe that for a moment. "-But the Sheriff said he didn't mind if I looked into it, so we won't be stepping on any toes by investigating. Let me know if you want to help."
-Kelsey Graham (that medic with the black fedora and the purple coat)

-aka Lauren (OOC)
Owle Isohos

Re: Moving forward from November

Postby Sally » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:28 pm

A note rests on a table in the Research Corner:

You guys find out where Pandora is, and I can maybe get us some help getting her out. Friends with ugly skill sets.

-Sally.

[Sally has a Patron that's a commanding officer of a Black Ops unit. Not research, but Patron's been used to DO things once WHAT needs done has been established in the past.]
Salvador "Sally" Lautner
GySgt., USMC (ret.)

"All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach."

LL: Shaw LaMont
5G: Landry Saulteaux
Mad3: Luther Soren Wysen!
IRL: Scott LaTour
Sally

Postby HecateSkivvy » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:38 pm

Sometime after the events over at the memorial-in-progress, Leslie pulls himself together and makes his way over to the research corner.

"I'm still not sure what project I'm working on. I do know I have a name I'd like to look into; Arthur Simmons. If anyone knows anything about an Arthur Simmons, please let me know.

As for Project FTH, I have some information worth looking into on that front, of some relevance since our last talk, Kelsey. I may be throwing some effort that way. Lots of irons in the fire on that front. Come meet me in private for the relevant notes.

As for the Campbell boy; I wouldn't waste too much time on that subject. I already know what happened to him, and I'm going to have a good, long talk with whomever is responsible."
Leslie-Evan Marshall,
"Dance, Puppet, Dance!"
HecateSkivvy

Postby Wolfman2006 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:50 pm

"Don't tell me who, but do we have people looking into a way to cleanse those who have been touched by Darkness? I think we need to make that a priority, as otherwise there are a lot of us here who are liabilities. And if progress is made on other fronts but.... those liabilities undermine that, what is the point?"
Mason Fell
Played by Adam Hurley
AKA:Father Solomon Sahaal, Berek Son of Bjorn, Acerbus-Nox, Mugthar, Abraham Hawthorne, Malcolm Hunt
Wolfman2006

Postby HecateSkivvy » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:55 pm

Leslie nods.

"That's going to be a tough one. I don't know if you were around when Gabriel, Leo, and I attempted something much the same; the results were disastrous. Then again, it may have been too late for Hank... This may be a job for an exorcist.

I might look into it myself, but I'm good at putting the hate into people; not so much at taking it out."
Leslie-Evan Marshall,
"Dance, Puppet, Dance!"
HecateSkivvy

Postby PoeticJustice » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:02 pm

Alice's voice is quiet.

"I doubt that touch of darkness can be cleansed. I'm not saying don't look into it, but it's worth remembering that, for the people that have it? It's not something that was done to them against their will. They made a choice, and with that choice came a consequence. A lot of us here know a little something about dark deals, even those made without full awareness of the situation," her eyes settle on Mason for a moment, not looking judgemental but rather just tired.

"Regardless, I am leading up Project Easy Bake Oven, with a few others. Speaking of things done to people against their will, I'm trying to help some friends who have had a change of diet recently that they'd like to have reversed. I assume everyone else is busy, but if you've got some spare time to poke around, especially in weirder circles, it could be helpful."
If this is to end in fire
Then we should all burn together
Watch the flames climb high into the night
Calling out for the rope, sent by and we will
Watch the flames burn on and on the mountain side hey
PoeticJustice

Postby Wolfman2006 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:21 pm

"Hank was too far gone, it had consumed him. That said for the rest of us we can't write them off, regardless of choices or lack of therefore. Looking past not giving up hope for them, we can't have liabilities this close, according to the locals those who have been touched, what they know the Darkness knows. So our options are try to find a way to remove that, or kill them, we can't allow the touched to compromise what must be done."
Mason Fell
Played by Adam Hurley
AKA:Father Solomon Sahaal, Berek Son of Bjorn, Acerbus-Nox, Mugthar, Abraham Hawthorne, Malcolm Hunt
Wolfman2006

Postby Owle Isohos » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:07 pm

"We're not killing any of ours."

Before this weekend Kelsey had rarely raised her voice; now it seemed like the only way to make herself heard. Still, she kept her tone reasonable, and if there was a quiet anger in her words she strove to keep it to a minimum.

"There are other options. There's nothing stopping the touched from getting up and leaving town until we've solved this. And I hope even that isn't necessary - leaving the room while we're talking about it should be sufficient. If it's not...then we can pursue other options.

"But I agree, finding a way to cleanse the darkness would be best of all." She glanced around the research corner, her eyes lingering briefly on Mason and Alice. "...But we can't discuss it now. Is anyone - preferably someone who can't work on it themselves - willing to put themselves forward as the contact person for that one?"
-Kelsey Graham (that medic with the black fedora and the purple coat)

-aka Lauren (OOC)
Owle Isohos

Postby Eden Jones » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:14 pm

Eden looks up from her tea, "How about everyone who is interested in dealing with shadow-related matters, including how to help those touched by it, contact Brett directly? That way he can put them all in touch with each other without any information being compromised."

She puts down her mug and sighs, "I know we talked about not excluding people or keeping secrets. I think that's great for the most part, but in situations where we have the potential for leaks it would be shooting ourselves in the foot not to be careful, at least until we can figure out a safe way to fix those leaks. I know Mason's been diligent about recusing himself from any conversations that might cause him to learn something problematic. Folks here are pretty reasonable and I can't imagine that others in the same position would be differently inclined."
“Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.”
― Winston Churchill
Eden Jones

Postby Brett » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:36 am

Brett Quietly passes around lists to the various visitors to town making sure the locals and Flo don't see anything out of the ordinary. Upon them appear to be roughly drawn out lists of various operations and names of people who will be working on them and their angles. Those who are attached to different lists and all volunteers are welcome. As people speak to him over the next few days we see the lists grow larger.

As more topics emerge, the lists grow larger.

OPERATION FTH (FEY) : Kelsey, Leslie, JD

OPERATION TALON HR (RECOVERY OF PANDORA): Brett, Sally, Ed, Nick Sleet, Roberto

OPERATION EASY BAKE OVEN (WENDIGOS) Alice, Melanie Walker

OPERATION 365 (NEED TO KNOW STATUS, NO CONTACTED:) SPEAK DIRECTLY 5 Participants

OPERATION PRUSSIAN BLUE (CURE FOR RADIATION) 2 CREDIT BOUNTY PER PARTICIPANT Jacob, Brett, Kelsey, Dr. Zinc, Professor
Last edited by Brett on Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:30 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Brett McKinnon, Host of "White Noise" THE source for news THEY don't want you to hear!

~Tom!
Formerly Pastor Ethan Talbot (LE) Huron York (The Calling) and William McGillivray (Lovecraft Legacies)
Brett

Next

Return to Research Corner