Research Round Up 11/2/2015

Research Round Up 11/2/2015

Postby Brett » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:53 am

After carefully waiting for the last few locals to finish their coffee and dessert Brett watches them leave and closes the diner doors. Taking the opportunity while everyone inside was in the know Brett tries to get everyone's attention.

"Hey everyone! I'm going to start Coordinating the research topics whil we have a chance. We only have a few weeks until we're meeting up again so there won't be much time to doddle on this.

I'm going to list some major areas we need help on, if you can help let me know here and I'll throw you on the list! Once you know who you're working with It's Your Job Contact The Others And Organize From There If you need resources, be they normal, technological, or extra spooky Speak Up Please!

Without Further Ado...

THE LIST

Pulling the Info about Whisper Hill from the Mega Corps! (TECH ONLY)

Operation Dial Up HIGH PRIORITY CORPORATE ESPIONAGE
- As Marner himself put it, if we don't scrub their servers clean they're that much closer to figuring out what we're trying to protect here and send nastier problems, I NEED tech folks to help put this baby to bed. Can't let them know about the Goods...

Mr. Davenport
Maxwell

Operation Prussian Blue HIGH PRIORITY RADIATION PROBLEMS
_________________________________________________________-
We're irradiated, Aramrok said he isn't holding back anymore and we're on notice. We need solutions for this, shielding from detection is a good start so we can pass without being killed, fixing it is a bigbigbigbig need now.

-Alice

Operation D.A.R.E. (Intrinsic and tech, maybe some paranormal) BAD DRUGS
__________________________________________________________________--
There is a new street drug called "Ichor" That seems to get kids high and makes a really, really, really, familiar black ichor seep from their eyes. i don't think I need to explain what it could be here. I need it tracked, understood, and destroyed. Might be tied to the Corporations, especially the biotech firms.

Jacob
Leo Wilds

Operation F'Those Horns (Everyone, Paranormal probably main focus) FEY STUFF
_______________________________________________________-
-The Fomori are gaining ground on BOTH courts, this is really bad and we're going to need some help to figure out our next move. More Cold Iron? Locations of assholes to hit? Landmines? Get Involved and figure it out! I know we made some good ground here helping the White Lady.

Operation Easy Bake Oven (Mostly Paranormal) WENDIGO RESEARCH
Thankfully the majority of those afflicted are no longer so hungry. But JD and others worldwide are still afflicted. We'll need some help here, especially concerning some translations The Professor is working out. I need takers when you can!

Update: Professor Challenger just made a nice translation of pertinent to this research. I suggest you look it over and commiserate.

-JD Walker

Operation Gold Page (Intrinsic, Maybe Tech) UFO'S AND SUCH
This one is my baby! It looks like the US government knew about all sorts of weirdness and they covered everything under the Project Gold Page. I need help getting a tape that could confirm some major details. if you're up for it it could help with out Extra-Terrestrial issues.

Brett

I also Have a MAJOR RESEARCH POINT, Highly classified, no Darkness Touched, must be 100% Able to Commit
We are of course researching the Darkness, we've had a breakthrough, we need people that can 100% dive in here. Message me privately if you don't know what i'm talking about and want in. We need more tech and paranormal. This is the absolute biggest point of focus. We DO NOT HAVE MUCH TIME LEFT HERE...

I know we have more projects, more issues. List them when you chime in if you need help, otherwise sign up when you can and I will put you on the list.

"Whose got me?!"
Last edited by Brett on Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:48 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Brett McKinnon, Host of "White Noise" THE source for news THEY don't want you to hear!

~Tom!
Formerly Pastor Ethan Talbot (LE) Huron York (The Calling) and William McGillivray (Lovecraft Legacies)
Brett

Re: Research Round Up 11/2/2015

Postby PoeticJustice » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:05 am

IRRADIATED.

No. Seriously. This is going to become a bigger problem. We should look into it. I know the doctors and medtechs have turned up zilch. That means maybe we should start looking into Paranormal answers. I can't do it alone. I need help.
If this is to end in fire
Then we should all burn together
Watch the flames climb high into the night
Calling out for the rope, sent by and we will
Watch the flames burn on and on the mountain side hey
PoeticJustice

Postby Brett » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:18 am

Ok, That Falls Under Operation: Prussian Blue, we've had some success on this on the Intrinsic end but I think we've hit a wall. Professor Challenger has done a lot of work on this as well. I've come to the conclusion we need to find some way to shield it from detection with my research until we can cure it. Talk to Billy St. Francis as well because some info he had on the origins of this stuff makes hiding and curing gives a lot of context. I will throw it on the wall.
Brett McKinnon, Host of "White Noise" THE source for news THEY don't want you to hear!

~Tom!
Formerly Pastor Ethan Talbot (LE) Huron York (The Calling) and William McGillivray (Lovecraft Legacies)
Brett

Postby Wolfman2006 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:34 am

An update for Easy Bake oven: Currently all those who were present on Friday are now cured with the the lone exception of Mr. JD Walker. However that process can't be replicated and a solution towards any remaining infected as well as Mr. Walker must still be found. I believe our strongest lead lies in some translations Professor Challenger was working on but has not completed. To summarize this is a matter that has not been put to rest.
Mason Fell
Played by Adam Hurley
AKA:Father Solomon Sahaal, Berek Son of Bjorn, Acerbus-Nox, Mugthar, Abraham Hawthorne, Malcolm Hunt
Wolfman2006

Postby Brett » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:41 am

Thank you Mr. Hunt! Updating the board!

~Tom!
Brett

Postby Tesla » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:08 am

I'd offer to throw my 2 points (One intrinsic and one paranormal) into one of the pools. But as I found out this last event, any information I get or memories I have are suspect at best.
Translation was finished and sent to Adam for first look.
Kevin
-Character: Douglas Rook
-Formerly known as Professor John Challenger
-Position: Rook for The Lady in White

"Time to feed the Crows"
Tesla

Postby Rhyan » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:34 am

I offered to help keep the Mega Corps out of the Know when Marriner mentioned it needed to be done. I will be putting a bit into this but I do need a bit of help. I have reached out to two other individual for some assistance and hopefully they will respond in short order.
Rhyan

Postby tykiran » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:24 am

I can head Dare. I will be putting my efforts into the ichor. Trying to find out what it really does, and how it affects various species.
There is no magic to the world, only math and science and those who would deceive.
tykiran

Postby Rhyan » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:15 pm

Additionally, Leo Wilds and I have an agreement and he will be putting his 2 paranormal research into DARE as well.
Rhyan

Postby edseel » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:06 pm

Thank you Mr. Hunt for all your help, what you were able to do for us was huge.

As I begin to understand what has happened to me a bit more, and as I get … hungrier, I believe that I can replicate that ritual. However as the translation states, some of the infected are being kept alive by the hunger. The earlier we can do the ritual the higher the chance they will survive the process. I do not yet know the toll on myself to do so… but that is irrelevant the price has already been paid might as well get all use out of it as we can.

I would like to spear head project Easybake Oven. Several folks may feel they are in my debt for taking this on. If you feel that way, good on yea, there IS a debt to be repaid. If you are free from the taint of the darkness, consider your debt to me paid by throwing all you got into Brett’s MAJOR RESEARCH POINT. We will be square after that. Point of note, do NOT tell me what you learn.
JD Walker

"I put one foot in front of the other one.
I don’t need a new love or a new life – just a better place to die."

Isles: Citizen Reed Adderbourne - Sentinel of Spark
LL: "Vivian Marsh" Wang-Johnson Memorial Circus

IRL: Eric
edseel

Next

Return to Research Corner